Friday, July 19, 2013

Knots mini teaser chapter 3


Mark and Jeanie conversation from Chapter 3:

“Did you want some bacon?” Those were still in the pan. He didn’t want to offend her because some women were horrified if he even mentioned bacon around them.

“God . . . bacon? Are you fucking kidding me?”

He grinned and cocked an eyebrow at her. Dirty mouth was right when she was shocked by something. Oh, how that made him want her even more.

“I love bacon!” She leaned over, tried to grab two pieces, and his instincts kicked in.

Swaaaat!

He smacked the back of her hand.

Her face immediately dropped. “You hit me.”

“You deserved it.” He smiled bigger.

“To be hit?”

“To be taught.”

“With hitting?” She leaned away from him.

“With correction. Did it hurt?”

“My feelings, yes.”

“Did I hurt your feelings when I smacked your ass in bed?”

She turned dark red instantly. “Well, no, but . . .”

“But what?”

“Okay, yes, it did hurt my feelings because right after that is when you ran away.” She frowned. “Sometimes I don’t understand you.”

“Ask me when you don’t understand, and I’ll explain.”

She crossed her arms over her chest and stood up, moving off the breakfast stool.

“You know what, it’s fine. I made a mistake. I can see that now. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be rude. I just thought that . . .” She started to walk away, and he grabbed her by the arm and pulled her back for round three.

She was in his arms, pressed up against his chest.

“In my world, when something’s not right, it’s corrected. I didn’t want to hurt you, just teach you. Can you understand that?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Share, share, share!