Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sleeves mini teaser for chapter 1

I've always loved Christmas in July, so instead of 12 days of Christmas, since both my stories coming out next month, Knots and Sleeves, have 17 chapters, I figured I'd do 17 days of mini teasers. Let the mayhem start!


Disclaimer:                

Some of these scenes may change or even be omitted from the story before it’s published since it’s currently in the editing phase…

Max and Casey conversation from Chapter 1:

“And what’s the most anyone’s ever paid for a shot?”

“A thousand. That woman got to go in the cage with him. We thought if anyone could break him out, she could. It didn’t work though, and she almost fainted from the exertion. That woman was determined, too. I still see her at least once month. We gave her a full half hour to work on it. Didn’t matter how much time she had,” he said, drumming his fingers on the countertop.

She turned her attention back to the cage and her friend. No one had ever told her before coming here that women bid on the chance to break him free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Share, share, share!