Friday, August 30, 2013

Slick as Ides news

Today was a big day. The ARCs all went out, and I'm happy to announce that this story that was once at 55K words, and an 11 chapter fan fic, is now a full blown, 104K word story at 25 chapters long.

But, wait! There's more!

I'm writing a sequel called Catching Vapor.

I kind of had the title for a sequel in my head for months now, but didn't have a full plot so wasn't necessarily planning on making it a series. But about a week or two ago (sorry, I have an awful memory at times) I was hit with all the missing gaps, and a full plot exploded into my brain. A messy place to be. So I started doing the research I needed, and it's been fascinating. It also spawned a spin off. A fan fic called MERIT Man. I don't know if this happens to other authors or not, but I find out way more info than I'll ever need when I do the necessary research, and it has no where to go. I wind up taking the excess, turning it into another story of its own and use it as a warm up exercise for the real story I'm planning on writing.

That's probably more than you wanted to know, but just know that Catching Vapor has a planned release date for Valentine's Day, 2014, because, hey, what says I love you more than a hot-ass thief, stealing your panties, passing you a bottle of hand sanitizer and then whispering nothing but filth in your ear after he ties you up when you weren't looking?

It's all kinds of romantic, kind of like sex in a car. It sounds uncomfortable, but sometimes you just gotta do it because it's hotter than hell, kind of like Nick.

I'll keep you updated as we go along, and over the next 3 weeks I'll be sharing teasers for the upcoming release of Slick as Ides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Share, share, share!