Thursday, September 12, 2013

Slick as Ides teaser 11


Ides and Stephen conversation from Chapter 11:

“But what does it do?” Mr. Reid asks.

“Well, seeing as how you had it stolen, I figured you already knew.” I wipe the sweat off the back of my neck.

My knees are locked, and my breathing is shallow. He stands entirely too close, and I can barely think about why I’m here.

He gives me a knowing look, as if he can tell I’m a bundle of nervous energy and scared to death of him.

“Why do you hate me?” I blurt.

“I don’t. I’ve never disliked you, but you’re not good enough for my son. He deserves better.” He strokes my device. “Now, tell me what this does.”

“First tell me why I can’t see him anymore,” I demand.

He blinks and offers a serpentine smile. “Do you know who you’re talking to?”

“Y-yes, sir. But I don’t see why you sent him after me only to later tell me if I came near him again or allowed him to be around me, you’d kill me.” I gulp and shift away from him.

His eyes light up. “I wanted to teach him a lesson.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Share, share, share!