Saturday, September 14, 2013

Slick as Ides teaser 15


Ides and her father from Chapter 15:

“I wasn’t sure you got my letters,” he says, blinking back at me, his face pale and his voice soft.

His hands stretch out on the table before me.

“I got them, and I’m here. I know you hate me, but I had to come,” I tell him.

He holds his breath and then exhales in a rush. “I don’t hate you at all. God, Jesus, I . . . I was a shitty father to you, and I regret that every single day. How was I ever supposed to face you after I tried to kill you?”

“You and I both know if you’d wanted to kill me, you would’ve. Your bullet missed me on purpose.” I lean back in my chair to create a little bit of distance.

“Well, you know I do have good aim, but I was . . . Hell, I don’t know what I was. I just knew the cops were coming, and it was your fault.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Share, share, share!