Saturday, September 14, 2013

Slick as Ides teaser 16


Nick and Jason from Chapter 16:

When I’m all packed and ready to go, I simply wave at Jason and tell him, “Later, man.”

“Hey, your dad’s on his way.” He glances at my hand on the strap.

“Good for him,” I reply.

“He’s pissed. You better stick around.” He motions with his chin at my bag slung over my right shoulder.

“I don’t give a fuck if he’s shitting lightning bolts, I’m leaving.” I pull the bag tighter into my body.

“He knows . . .”

“Knows what?” I groan and roll my eyes, stretching my neck.

“He knows you’ve been following her again.”

And?” I motion with my hand for him to hurry up and tell me whatever it is he has to say.

“And, he already told you to keep away from her. What do you think you’re doing, following her all the time again? I mean, shit, she’s just buying groceries. What’s so great about watching her shop? You want her to get killed over this?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Share, share, share!