Sunday, September 8, 2013

Slick as Ides teaser 3


Ides and Nick conversation from Chapter 3:

“Get that tracer off my car!” I jerk my head toward the spot he was just touching.

Nick stands up and glares at me.

When I glance at the shelf next to me, there’s some hand sanitizer there. I take a squirt and pass the gun from hand-to-hand as I freshen up my skin.

“Look, lady . . .” he huffs and narrows his eyes “. . . I don’t know who you think you are, but you’re not a superhero here.” He’s even more spectacular to look at when he’s seething at me. My heart flutters, and my lips part as my mouth goes wet. “We have a job to do, and you’re only slowing us down.”

I laugh. “This is a job? Oh, forgive me . . . I thought it was a hobby, since you’re never going to be as slick as Ides.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Share, share, share!