Sunday, June 29, 2014

Harkham's Case to be published

This is some of the news I shared this morning on my facebook group about my fan fiction story, Harkham's Case, which I plan to publish next month:

Hi, everyone... I know this might upset some people, but I just don't have the time to write like I used to and publish as much, so my new stories are being put on the back burner right now. And with how things have been going for me lately financially with my divorce about to be finalized, I've decided to pull down Harkham's Case in 3 weeks and publish it. This has been my most popular and unique story, so I want to share it with more people after I clean it up, add some new scenes and put it on Amazon. I hope you'll all understand this was a very difficult decision for me. I don't like pulling down my stories at all. I agonized over it and finally decided I had to do this for my family. Thanks for reading this story and here's a final outtake before the story gets taken down:

 https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8643786/44/Harkham-s-Case

For those of you that have never read my fan fic version, here's the synposis:

AH, OOC. “If it’s not Asperger’s, then what is it?” Alice paused before answering, “We don’t know what he has. He was the first documented case. For now, he’s called Harkham’s Case number 1.” Bella smiled as a tear leaked out. “OK.” But nothing was.


***

Here are some of the answers to the questions I've been asked today about this decision:

Are you going to finish Harkham's Corner, the sequel, on fan fiction before pulling it down?

Answer: No. I wish I could, but I simply don't have the time to do that. I need to clean up and add some scenes to Harkham's Case and get it over to my editor asap. Once that's done, then I'll be finishing up writing Harkham's Corner and sending that to my editor as well so I can get that story published by August. If I had more time at my disposal, I would finish it up on fan fic first.

When are you taking it down?

Answer: I'm taking down Harkham's Case in 3 weeks, so on July 20th, and I hope to have it published by July 31st.

Harkham's Corner will come down 2 weeks after Harkham's Case, so on August 3rd, and I hope to publish that story by August 31st.

Can I get a pdf, epub or mobi of Harkham's Case, the fan fic version?

Answer: Yes, you can. Email me and tell me which format you want it in: chanselowell@hotmail.com. I will give out free copies to anyone who asks for the fan fic version if they can't or didn't make their own copy of it while it was still up on fan fic.

Do you have a banner for the sequel, Harkham's Corner?

Answer: No, I don't. I don't know how to make them, and frankly, haven't got the time. My previous one was made my dear bff, writing buddy, Catastrophia. She no longer has time to be making banners either, so I'm just grateful she made the first one for the first story. I love it!

Please include me on your list of readers that want to be notified when the published version comes out (or, can you send me the link once it's on Amazon?).

Answer: Well, that wasn't really a question, but I appreciate it all the same. If you want to be on my list of readers or be notified when it's live, then email me and I'll very happily add you to my list: chanselowell@hotmail.com

When you do publish, can you post the title of the book on fan fiction as a new chapter so we can buy that version?

Answer: I'm sorry, but that's not possible because the fan fic version will have already been pulled down by then. I will, however, put it in my profile, so you can find the link there.

***

I hope this helps clarifies a few things. I appreciate everyone's understanding and support. And I'm so thrilled at the warm reception this story got from the beginning of its inception. It means a lot to me that this story spoke to so many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Share, share, share!