Saturday, July 26, 2014

Harkham's Case Teaser #3

This has always been one of my favorite Adam scenes in the story. It always makes me smile each time I read it. Enjoy!

Teaser 3: From chapter 5, Harkham’s Case (Mari and Adam’s conversation)

“Mari . . .”
“Hmm?” She looked over her shoulder, then back at Adam.
“If you kiss me, I won’t tell anybody, and nobody will know. Most of the students are gone. And I think . . . I think it will make you feel better, since you kind of have some sadness in your eyes.” His right leg shook. This was a lie. He never lied. That was unjust. But he needed this more than any hand holding—more than a donut or soda. He’d fold in half and die if she refused. Now his other leg shook. “Please . . .”
“No tongue though, okay?” The right half of her lips quirked up and there was some playfulness in her eyes.
The joy inside him was pounding its way into that sore spot but also doubling his heart-rate as well.
“One, fat, sloppy kiss coming up,” she said.
“Sloppy? But I—” His heart sunk as it continued to speed up.
There was no time for rebuttals, because her lips were on his, but it was unsatisfying because she refrained from touching him anywhere else.
With one big step, he was smooshed up against her. He wrapped his arms around her and squeezed her even closer.
This was much better than a handshake. Was this why his mom and dad used to hug and kiss each other all the time? This reflected those odd, unnameable feelings he had when Zach showed him that video with naked people in it. They all made sounds.
Oh no. He was making those sounds right now, and his hips were moving.
His hips were in control, not the numbers.
In his next breath, he had her up against the back of her Jeep. He pinned her with his entire body. But she hugged him back, so did this mean it was all okay?
He broke the kiss. Talking was necessary.
“It hurts, Mari. It’s really, really sore. It’s sore, and I know what I’m supposed to do to end it, but I can’t do that in front of you, and I don’t think I’ll make it ‘til I get home. Can you help me?”
“Sore here?” She placed her hand over his heart and smiled.
Was she teasing him?
“Please. It really hurts,” he begged, placing his forehead against hers and rubbing their heads together since he couldn’t rub her in the places he really wanted to.
He moved his hips up once more so she could feel where he was sore.
It twitched in his pants. She had to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Share, share, share!