Saturday, July 12, 2014

news and Harkham's Case preview

Things are moving right along... I've sent out the prereader copy to my prereaders and to my editor. I should be hearing back from all of them in about a week and a half. Then the ARCs will go out. If you'd like to be an ARC reviewer, let me know, and I'll put you down. Just send me an email: chanselowell@hotmail.com

Make sure you tell me which format you'd like: epub, mobi or pdf.

In other news for this story... I had to cut it in half. After adding several scenes and an entirely new chapter, the word length was nothing short of out of control. It was at 165K words, and I knew I still had the second half of the story to edit and add more scenes to as well, so I simply had to turn this 2 book series into 3.

Here are the names of the books in the series:

Harkham's Case

Harkham's Choice

Harkham's Corner

I will share the release dates very soon. I'm still trying to work those details out.

For now, here's a preview from the new chapter added to the published version of Harkham's Case:

Once they were out of the counselor’s office, Adam found a corner in the hallway and put Mari there.
He looked her in the eye. “We’re not staying here.”
“But we’re supposed to go to the library, and you just promised him . . .” Her brow scrunched a little, and her stomach tightened.
“I know I told him that. And I’ll do all those things. But we’ve already been a little bad today without meaning to. Might as well keep going.” He grinned at her.
“What are you up to?” she asked, her voice playful, pretending to scowl.
“I like road trips.”
She nodded. “O-kaaay.”
“And you like them, too. I can tell.”
“I do, but it’s a school day. We can’t just take off.” Her stomach clamped down a little harder. Where was he going with this?
“Yes, we can. We both have passes to leave campus, so we can go.”
She shuffled her feet backward, pushing herself up against the wall. Her eyes searched his face. Was he just hungry for lunch and not in the mood for cafeteria food? Was that all this was about?
“I feel like you’ve got a plan here that you’re not sharing with me.” She held her breath.
“I will share. I always share with you—just not now.” He tried to wink, but instead it kind of looked like he was squinting out in the sun.
She chuckled. “What am I going to do with you and all of your adorableness?”
“You’re going to enjoy it in the car. Now, follow me.” He grabbed her hand and strung her along in the hallway.
The second he had her in his Mercedes, his lips crashed down on hers.
“We’re going to make really pretty babies,” he said, cupping the back of her head, keeping his forehead resting on hers.
She swallowed. “Adam . . . Any children you make will be breathtaking.” She stroked his shoulders.
“I mean today. Today we’ll make a pretty baby. You’ll see.” She smiled and sighed like the world was nothing but a harmonious place to be.
“Today is not gonna happen.” She shifted away from him, breaking contact.
He only smirked, started the car and drove off.
When they were about five minutes past his house, she turned to him. “Where are you taking us?”
“Vegas.”
“Uh . . .” She gripped her legs and squeezed them. “Why?”

“To get married. We’ve done what others are asking us to do, and it’s not working.” He gripped the wheel tighter and stretched his neck to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Share, share, share!