Saturday, August 9, 2014

Harkham's Case Teaser #10

Teaser 10: From chapter 19, Harkham’s Case (Mari and Adam’s conversation)

A river of guilt swept through Mari, softening her spine. She gulped and strained her neck away from him so he wouldn’t see the amount of self-control she was using to keep from taking away his innocence.
“Oh, please touch it a lot more,” Adam begged, his voice breaking as he began to thrust harder into her hand.
He put one of his hands over hers, coaxing her to move faster, hold tighter. With his other hand, he was pulling his shorts down.
She pulled her hand away. “I can’t do that to you.” She tried to stop him from undressing the rest of the way.
It was scary how badly she wanted to yank them down the rest of the way for him, so she had to keep her eyes elsewhere.
“I . . . Why’s this wrong? I love you, and you said you love me, too. It feels right,” he said, voice husky and deep, yet with a urgent edge to it. “Please—you need to help me.”
She placed her palms on his chest. It was a little damp. Christ almighty, he was really worked-up.
“How many things have I done wrong in my life?” she asked.
“But this one’s good,” he said, excusing what he wanted to do. A little whine escaped him as he continued to rub himself on her.
“I know it feels good, but until we can fully commit and your family is there to witness it, I can’t do this to you.” She kissed him to temper the blow. “I’m sorry . . . Please, don’t see it as a rejection. I want you more than you could possibly know.”
“Well, how long ‘til you’ll marry me, because I don’t think I can wait any longer. Can you marry me tomorrow?”


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Share, share, share!