Thursday, August 7, 2014

Harkham's Case Teaser #9

Darn that Adam for just being so adorable and insightful. It's sickening, really. He's just too much sometimes...

Teaser 9: From chapter 17, Harkham’s Case (Mari and Adam’s conversation)

“You know that’s not true. You’re not evil, Mari. The only thing that is different here is that I had one caring parent that sheltered me to keep me more child-like, and you didn’t. And do you think that’s benefited me? I’m twenty-one and I’ve just barely figured out the mere basics of human sexuality. Is that a good thing? I was about ready to molest you on this plane because I’ve been so deprived and am so goddamn ready to split my way through my pants to get at you.”
She blinked and stayed silent.
“No, it’s not okay. So, don’t go saying we’re opposites, because we’re not. We need each other. We both need and want constant touch from each other. We’re not taking at the other’s expense where the other simply can’t give back to fulfill their partner’s needs.”
“Jesus,” she whispered, dropping her head and angling it to the side.
“I know.”
“I mean, really, Adam. You take my breath away.” Her head stayed lowered, but she looked up at him through her lashes.
“I know.” He wore a self-satisfied grin. “I know you. So there are some things I know about us.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Share, share, share!